28 Nov Vegetarian Fish Curry
You all must be wondering as to why is it called Vegetarian Fish Curry, right. It’s a pure vegetarian curry with its nutritional value equivalent to any fish curry and tastes as scrumptious as one.
Learn how to prepare the most famous and easy and simple recipe by our Home Culinaire, Revathy Shanmugam.
Time: 40 mins
- Lettuce tree leaves: Few
- Urad Dal: ¼ cup
- Thoor Dal ¼ cup
- Moong Dal: ¼ cup
- Chana Dal: ¼ cup
- Ginger and Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder: 3 tbsp
- Coconut grated: ¼ cup
- Chopped onion: 1 cup
- Peeled and pounded Garlic: ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut grated: 3 tbsp
- Cashew-nut: 8
- Cinnamon: 2 sticks
- Cloves: 4 pieces
- Oil: As per requirement
- Soak all the Dals together for 1 hour. After that grind it together adding ginger and garlic paste, 1 tbsp chilly and enough salt to slightly coarse paste.
- Apply the paste on reverse side of the lettuce leaf, roll and steam till done.
- Cut the rolls into ½ pieces and deep fry.
- In another Kadhai heat rest of the oil and add seasoning. When its done, add chopped onion and garlic fry till golden brown. Add tomatoes and then fry till it’s cooked.
- Then add chilly powder. Fry it till raw smell leaves.
- Now add enough water, and salt. When water boils add the fried roll pieces.
- Add the and coconut and then few curry leaves.
- Serve it hot
Revathy served this amazing curry with rice along with hot Appams. She’s undoubtedly the Southern Culinary queen, read more about her here.